Thursday 2 August 2012

Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x6224dd27) Help Video

Hi Guys, i have just posted a help video for the start up error Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x6224dd27), i also want to make a written version.

Step One- Go to your EA folder-> Sims 3 Folder and locate DCBackup & DCCashe
Step Two- Delete Everything. (If nervous about losing, like i was save these two folders on a USB Or CD.) You don't have to delete the folder, i didn't
Step Three- Run Game (you maybe missing a few items, don't worry you can install them again)
Step Four- Install missing content
Step Five- Carry On Playing! :D

How i discovered this problem was, the game told me that i have unlocked content from posting a certain amount of memories, so i went to the downloads dashboard so i could download and install the content, but then my game froze. So i pressed CTRL + ALT + Delete to get rid and turn off the game, i went to install the content from my purchase history, nothing was there, do i downloaded some old stuff, then when that was done, i want to check how everything was then i got the error *The Sims 3-  Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x6224dd27)* At first i was wondering what the heck happened, i thought i was going to lose everything and the Dreamers, i didn't want to reinstall that is just plain annoying. So i searched the web to find answers, this took me from 22:00 to 03:00. A simple delete of some files was all.


I was nervous about taking this advice but it seemed legit, so i saved those two folders on a USB just in case, i went back to my game after deleting everything from those two folders, everything was fine, apart from a few store items where missing but that was easily fixed by installing them again. Now my game is back to normal and has a lot less store content.

I am really confused on how this all glitched, well you can't really trust EA can you? I hope my findings help others out there, i was also surprised that i couldn't find any fixes on Sims 3 fix sites O.o i mean that was the first place i would go to.

Anyways here is the video!

2 comments:

  1. still isnt working :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, i'm sorry about that. I want to help you, Could you tell me the exact things that are happening while you do these actions?

      Delete

"You Can't Spell Uke without UK!! xDDD" Hetalia Fandom Rant

If I ever needed an excuse to leave this fandom, it would be this statement right here. The term "You can't spell Uke without UK&q...